In order to be able to run XDAT you must have a Java Runtime Environment installed on your system. Linux users can obviously use the OpenJDK Runtime Environment available in the repositories of most distros.
As of release 2.3, there will only be a single downloadable file per release with the content corresponding to what was previously labeled as "Executable jar file"
Release-specific information will be provided on this page. The source files can be viewed on and downloaded from the github repository.
I am also stopping to provide javadoc builds because (in order of priority):
- I am tired of maintaining javadoc comments - they clutter up the source, provide little to no value in most of the cases and increase the threshold for me to actually work on the code
- I suspect that nobody ever bothered to read them anyways.
Current (stable) Release
This is the recommended download.
- The axis tic label digit count can be configured
- Major refactoring of the code to reduce clutter and improve maintainability
- Countless minor bugfixes, especially regarding missing ui updates when settings are changed
Download version 2.4 (Size: 278kb)
- Use the current platform's look & feel if possible
Download version 2.3 (Size: 264kb)
Thanks to the guys over at 3developers.de for contributing a lot of code to this release!
Released: 07-05-2010 (This was the first public release).